View Single Post
Old 09-25-03, 07:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Former member
I got into pumping iron way back in the middle of the 80's cause I wanted to play football and was too small(hey Jeff 5.0 40 at 15 years old so there) over the next ten or so years I got into power lifting and gained 100 pounds or so At my largest(dont ask me what protien shakes I drank) I weighed 260 lb or so and I stand 5'8" at that time my arms were about 21 inches or so it was not about size it was about power. In 99 I was in the best shape I had ever been in 235-240 lbs with low body fat (had a four pack and a half) I had my neck fractured in a car crash and had to stop training. I still go 225 and have kept a lot of strength from those power days, but now my joints are sore a lot. So watch out how much you lift and protect your joints and most imporant keep your hair.

“You know its funny I was thinking about what you said. The preeminent truth of our age is that you can not fight the system. But if as you say the truth is fluid that the truth is subjective then maybe you can fight the system. As long as just one person refuses to be broken refuses to bow down” “But can you win?” “Every time I say NO”