View Single Post
Old 09-25-03, 05:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle

That's just funny. To start with tough guys are a dime a dozen and being big and tough alone will get you nowhere in life except maybe jail.
I totally agree. Know what's even funnier? Is that most of those guys just have "beach" muscles and they aren't even good athletes. I mean, have you ever tried to play hockey or volleyball with a guy who's freakishly muscle-bound? They suck. They are usually compensating for lack of talent. I played University and Junior football and single A baseball and 9 times out of 10, after the first week of training camp or spring training, all the dudes with weight-room bodies were gone. I mean, what's the point of getting huge if it doesn't even make you better athletically? Vanity? If that's the case, then that's just sad.

Looking good is one thing. For sure. I agree with that. But I can throw a football 55 yards. If having 25" arms doesn't make me throw it any further (actually, it will hinder my mechanics), then what is the point?

Muscles look cool, but that's about it.