Thread: Got A New Job!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-03, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
Erin, not to dis your new job, but you have some precautions to take to spare yourself & your animals some serious hassles. ** isn't exactly known for the best conditions & more often than not their animals are packing mites etc. When I worked at PL I would literally strip into the washing machine every night & immeadiately shower right after before even considering doing or touching anything in my house herp or otherwise. I would go as far as misting myself with NIX mix or Ivomec before even leaving the store if I had "worked" with any questionable animal(s). Protect yourself & more importantly your animals from "cross-contamination". I would hate to see you take home a gravid female mite & have your collection put at risk. Call me paraniod, but I've seen some nasty **** come from that store. If you work at a store that regularily orders imports or deals with multiple suppliers there are a lot of "nasty" things that they are (or could be) packing. I would never handle anything at any store & then touch my own stuff. Bad Idea. Call me paranoid, but there are no mites at my house & its the main reason why. I NIX every new specimen & quarantine it, whereas the petstores usually do neither. Seriously Mark
Mark's GONE SNAKEE! working with select Colubrids (Corns, GB Kings, EIs) and Woma Pythons
All stock parasite free and established on F/T prey. No PMs please email at