View Single Post
Old 09-19-03, 02:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
I still talk with about 4 people from HS; and I know that I will be friends with these people for life. There are the occasional others Iíll hang with when I go home for the holidays, but we arenít nearly as close as we were in HS.

I made the comment that you leave everything behind when you leave HS. Someone called me out on it. So Iíll rephrase myself-

In HS it wasnít until senior year that I realized that I shouldnít care what others think (ie: the cool kids) and I was able to move on from HS and make the best of what was presented in front of me from there on. In front of me was college, and I took advantage of all that that had to offer. I learned to study and care more about my education, and I also learned to study half-@ssed, to get more out of my college experience. I made friends with those who I thought were cool, not who those who tried to impress me and prove to me that they were cool. After college I moved on to FL, to CT, and now in 3 weeks to HI. Iím leaving friends behind, some will be missed, some Iíve already forgotten about. Iíve learned that itís up to me to make my own happiness, and to not expect others to make me happy. I guess something did stick from HS (it certainly wasn't trig!)

I may have gone on a little on here, but thatís my explanation for myself.
I just found homes for my 4 snake ladies: ball python, colombian boa, hogg isle boa, and a burmese. *sniff* How I miss them so...

How do I set my laser printer to 'stun'?

Last edited by jncoclub; 09-19-03 at 02:53 PM..