View Single Post
Old 09-18-03, 10:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Gary D.

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
Ok, I don't have a lot to add, just my views. Firstly I am against hybridization of species or even subspecies. Locale is a touchy area, because you are often dealing with the same subspecies, althought often they should be reclassified (ie.Hogg isle. boa), and then there's localles which are arguable the same (guyana, and surinamme B.c.c.) but Burm/retic, B.c.i./B.c.c. jungle corns, etc. I am against.

Now as Gauts pointed out, wouldn't it be nice if there were a national database for breeders to track genetic lineage of animals(pure and morph) ? Well there are, they're the Canadian Boid Database and the American Boa Registery. But guess what, reptile keepers are a lot of talk and that's about it. Myself and others have heard the people saying "this would be great if..." and we have invested a lot of our time on making them happen, but when it comes down to it, the participation numbers are a joke. I will keep opperating the CDN boid database (out of stubbornness), but I think the american registery has folded due to lack of support.

If you really are concerned about the future of the hobby, about keeping bloodlines sorted, or morph breeders tracking het traits, then step up. It's also free, so you have no excuses. Check out the info and registeration forms at the link in my signature.

GD
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com
Login to remove ads