View Single Post
Old 09-14-03, 10:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to TheRedDragon
I'm putting in my belated thoughts as I wasn't online on the anniversary. 911 was a tragic day. I get into work to see the tragedy playing on our store's TV and for the entire 8 hours of my shift, I sat transfixed on the screen in a state of shock and disgust. I cried very much that day, I couldn't even begin to understand why something that horrible would happen to those innocent people. Even now, I still feel the sadness from the un-needed losses that day. What was further disturbing to me was the treatment of my Muslim neighbours after that day, if anything, they were just as horrified as I was. I spoke with a Muslim woman next door to share comments about the disaster, and she was absolutely disgusted. What was really disturbing, was that at first, she was scared to speak with me at all because she thought I was going to be cruel to her, as she had already recieved vicous verbal attacks upon her and her family. That day affected everyone around the world, and I'm sorry that it happened.
Erin Keller :eb:
Snakes: 2.1 Corns, 1.1 Kings, 1.0 Everglades Rat, 1.1 Spotted Pythons, 1.2 Children's Pythons, 1.2 BCIs Lizards: 0.2 Leopard Geckos, 1.3 Bibron Geckos Inverts: 2.1 Tarantulas, 0.1 Emporer Scorpion Mammals: 0.2 Kittens

Last edited by TheRedDragon; 09-14-03 at 11:01 PM..