Thread: What to do:(
View Single Post
Old 09-14-03, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to daver676
Snakemann I can relate to what you are going through.

From the time I was born, my kidneys were failing. A little bit every year. The cause was post-urethra valves. In other words, while I was still inside my mother, I was unable to pass urine, so the urine eventually backed up into my kidneys and destroyed about 3/4 of each of them. My kidneys didn't actullay fail until I was about 20, so then I got to go onto dialysis. Well let me tell you what dialysis is. Pretty much you have to go to the hosptial 3 times a week, have 2 huge needles stuck into your forearm (to gain access to the bloodstream), and sit in a chair for 4 1/2 hours while a machine continuosly pumps out your blood, filters it, and puts it back into you. Oh and the side effects.... SEVERE leg cramps, headaches, dizziness, light headedness (I passed out on more than one occation), and feel tired and lethargic ALL THE TIME. Now imagine going through all of this 3 times a week for 2 1/2 years. During those 2 1/2 years I also attended (and graduated) college, and had a job, and a long distance relationships. This past July I was lucky enough to recieve a kidney transplant, so no more dialysis, but going throught the surgery and recovery has tramatic enough, thank you very much.

So when you come on here and wonder if your life is worth it, remember that there are others that have gone through, and are going through the same thing as you. Don't chicken out on your life, because it can always be worse!

Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians - Worldwide Listings <-- Highly recommended.
Nutrient Composition of Whole Vertebrate Prey

A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn. We ****ed up!"

Last edited by daver676; 09-14-03 at 11:37 AM..