Thread: cockatiels?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-03, 12:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

If your thinking about getting a gold capped conure and your concerned about noise and attention DO NOT get a gold cap!!!They are very loud screechy birds and especially if they want attention! Cockatiels are an excellent choice as they are very friendly and not near as noisy as MOST of the conures with the exception of the green cheek conure which happens to be the quietest of the conures. Most birds require a fair bit of attention unless you keep them in pairs but if you want a personable,loving companion keeping a single bird is your best bet as they will more often than not prefer the company of another of their own species. There are the exceptions to the rule as I had one that wanted nothing to do with any of my other cockatiels and reqiured and demanded human interaction. The life expectancy of a cockatiel is on average 15 to 20 years with some making it to the 25 year mark.

If you've got a lot of time to spare and noise isn't an issue gold caps are very beautiful, playful,entertaining and affectionate when handfed.(and loud) The choice is yours so I hope this helped and good luck!