View Single Post
Old 09-09-03, 05:32 AM   #26 (permalink)

The Chron only works like that if you do it 3-4 hours before you want to sleep because, as I'm sure you know, it is a stimulant. For that reason it is useless to an insomniac who wants to go to sleep right away. Of course if you've already given up on sleep for the night then light et up mon! Then come on here and irritate people with senseless jabber. I've been an insomniac for over 10 years myself, been to the sleep clinic and all that too. I find the best cure, if it goes on for days and days, is to just say f*** it one night and stay up. Occupy yourself (may I suggest throwing some nail polish on your left hand and then you get a blanket ok? then what you do.... oh wait this is a little personal) until you would have to get up and get ready for work. Then just go on as normal except with more coffee. By the time that night comes along you'll be so bloody tired and crazy that you'll pass right out. It sounds harder than it is. You get used to the hallucinations (black shadow demons riding by on tricycles, armed with huge daggers in your peripheral vision, I hate those things) and it get's to be almost fun in a self-destructive kinda way.
I feel a little light headed... maybe you should drive...