View Single Post
Old 09-06-03, 08:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to LISA127
Just wanted to add, in my opinion, if u don't teach your children how to take care of themselves that is not doing well by them either. Do u really think it's a good thing when a child reaches 18 and doesn't know how to work a washing machine? Yes, a parent has a legal responsibility to care for a child. But a parents real job is to prepare a child to live a good life and teach them how to take care of him/herself. Once I got a job at 15, I even paid for my own clothes, school supplies, basically everything except food. My parents didn't have a lot of money. I wasn't abused. Let's face it, kids today are babied and pampered too much. They think the world revolves around them.

As for the physical abuse, maybe u need to find out the facts before reporting the parents. Being a parent is not easy. Be real sure of the story before assuming anything.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."-Unknown
Login to remove ads