View Single Post
Old 09-05-03, 10:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Hello thank you for all the in detail replies.

You know I honestly figured because I have low end snakes, and only one clutch it would be easier. For one, why would anyone bicker over a snake that costs like 50 bucks or less? Well that's what I thought anyways. For two if you can't afford 50 bucks why are you even buying anything? LOL but anyways the public will never cease to amaze me.

At the beginning of my bird breeding years ago (god I had to have been 17) I was selling even low end birds to the public. I can't tell you how many times the birds would be left at the airport, (even if they were paid for in some cases) or returned to me unannonced by someone local, or I would go through 3 months of talking with someone about a 60 dollar bird and then they still couldn't make a choice. Bird people are so much worse than reptile people.

In the end I started selling entire nests/clutches to the pet stores. It saved a lot of headache in the long run but I also lost touch with good people who would come over buy a lower end bird then come back for higher end stuff I had at the time. So I dunno it works both ways but in most cases its probably better to sell them off and be done with it. But then again, why breed if all you want to do is have them come out and go?

But yeah thanks for all the replies.