View Single Post
Old 09-02-03, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former member
Well being Canadian I can state that we have 3 main parties here in politics. The liberal party(currently the Canadian governing party)The progressive Conservitive party (have some provincal government holdings IE Ontario is a PC goverment on the provincal level) And the N.D.P New Democratic Party the smallest of the three main parties here in the great white north. I would suggest that due to the fact that our two countries were founded by settlers from western Europe for the most part (like the States) The Ideas of left and right are somewhat the same to a point( as you know there are major differences in both our countries) and the way things run in both. I must say Chuck I don't really pay attention to the crying and whining that goes on here in politics anymore. I do love Canada but really when we look at the big picture up here things pretty much are the same whoever is the governing body at any one time.There are always bumps in the road but we all do seem to get along quite well for the most part they all make mistakes and they all do some good as well. I guess what you see is not always what you get but we are working on it slowly but surely things get better year by year. Oh yeah I almost forgot we have a party here thats the best party of all It is called a beer bash and they get my vote every time lol. I hope some one here on this site can give you better more educated anwsers as to how our system works.

“You know its funny I was thinking about what you said. The preeminent truth of our age is that you can not fight the system. But if as you say the truth is fluid that the truth is subjective then maybe you can fight the system. As long as just one person refuses to be broken refuses to bow down” “But can you win?” “Every time I say NO”

Last edited by hip; 09-02-03 at 04:00 PM..