Thread: Reptile skins
View Single Post
Old 09-01-03, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
I grew up with hunters in my family, I've been around that stuff all of my life. I still think it is wrong. I think killing any animal is wrong. We are in a point in life where we do not need meat or skin to survive, so it is unneccesary slaugtering. Hundreds of years ago when we did not have the 1. intelligence, 2. products, and 3. ability to live a meat-free lifestyle, I could understand. I don't really care about the way you kill's the fact that you killed something at all. You took a life. Just because you think a lizard, a snake, a cow, or a deer is a lower being than humans doesn't make it right to kill it. I don't want to start a debate, these are just my opinions. I don't want to start any arguing or anything, but I think we're all adults here..well, not all adults, but I think we can communicate and get our opinions across without a flame war, right? I just don't want to start a bunch of crap because of the way I believe.

Edit to say: I DO NOT hold it against you if you hunt or eat meat. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want. I don't have a problem with that. Do as you please, but don't expect me to be happy about it, you know? We all have our seperate beliefs.