Thread: Bite-o-meter
View Single Post
Old 08-31-03, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
I get bit almost everyday. Some of the more interesting. Took a bite on my right hand in 2000 from a 17 foot Burmese Python. He swallowed my right hand from the side and tried to pull me in the cage. I had to wrestle him out so we could get my hand back. In 2002 a 15 foot Burmese Python got my left hand from the front. She swallowed it up to the wriest, then constricted around my legs. It turned into about a five minute ordeal. My life was never in danger, but it sucked wrestling my hand out of her mouth. Once I had the use of both hands, it was pretty easy to unwrap her. That one did a little nerve damage, my left hand tingled for about 3 months after. Also I have taken bites from a 5 foot Nile, a 3 foot Caiman, and a 4 foot Alligator, and a 12 foot anaconda. To this point, I have not been hit by a venomous snake and I am completely lost count of the bites I have taken from small snakes, geckos, and things of that nature.
__________________ 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere