View Single Post
Old 08-30-03, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Clownfishie Send a message via MSN to Clownfishie
No "big oopses" recently, but last new years eve I was in such a hurry to get over to my friends place that I forgot to close the lid on my BPs cage... needless to say, he wasn't in the tank when I got home. The most nervewracking part (other than having him missing of course) was that my parents didn't even know that I had a snake in the house!! OIE! Talk about stress... lol... I kept having visions of them finding him in their bed, or stepping on him at night on the way to the bathroom, or something equally terrible... I tried putting a heat mat and water dish under my bed with no luck -- even had a mouse under there a couple of times... nothing. But after a week of searching, the torture was over -- one morning when I opened up the cabinet in the fish tank stand to feed them, there he was! Man, I was practically doing a joy dance, and I'm sure I had the biggest stupid grin on my face... lol...
Ever since then, I've been extremely paranoid about making sure that all lids are closed/locked Don't live with the parents anymore, but having a snake loose in the apartment doesn't appeal to me any more than having a snake loose in my parents house did... lol.

Anyways, congrats on finding your little king so fast And I'm sure you've learned your lesson about drinking and herping... hehe...

Herp Haven Reptiles - Quality Captive Bred Herps

Gecko Haven