Thread: Some people!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-03, 10:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Woah, I'm not getting into the religious thing... to much thin ice there, but I couldn't help but notice some things that Chuck said, and I have a couple of questions:

Sure you and some of these other spineless pieces of crap can take pot shots at them on the internet, but I know none of you would stand face to face with them and say it.

You will never see a gay deacon in a snake handling church. =)
1. Is this the loving, understanding, 'turn the other cheek' Christianity that I thought I was familiar with?

2. Surely opinions ranging from "they're all inbred loonies" to "they're all upstanding salt of the earth people" are just that: OPINIONS! Isn't everyone entitled to theirs?

And, yes, I would stand in front of your friends and speak my opinions! Although why my opinion should mean anything to them is beyond me, in the same way that their opinion and beliefs mean nothing to me! Just don't hurt the snakes, is all I'd say! What people do to themselves and their own children in our free societies is entirely up to them, as far as I'm concerned.

Just my 02 pence. Not deliberately trying to offend anyone, but I don't like closed mindedness in public places no matter what form it takes, and this whole thread seems to have needled me for some reason!

take care,
"If you think you can't afford it, you just don't want it badly enough..."
Login to remove ads