Thread: Some people!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-03, 06:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
We live at the foot of Sand Mountain which is the Mecca of snake handling. It was founded in Cleveland, TN about 30 miles north of us. We know many snake handlers and I have been in many snake handling services. I have seen them live and to answer some of your questions, no they are not venomoids. No they do not cool the snakes before they handle them. If you are skeptical, Pastor Billy Summerfield of the Rock House Holiness Church in Section, AL will take up any snake that YOU bring in. These people are among the most committed and steadfast people I know. They have integrity that many of you here will only wish to have. All of you that have things to say about these people, come on down to Sand Mtn and say it to their face! I seriously doubt anyone will, but you can meet me in Chattanooga, TN and I will guide you right up to Sections. They hold a service every Friday night. And yes there are education and articulate snake handlers. Read the book Salvation on Sand Mountain. The author came to Scottsboro, AL to write a book on the handlers and ends up converting to that religion. I donít know what you saw on TV, but I do not know any church that allows anyone under 18 to take up a serpent. In Section you canít even leave the handling area with one. I take this issue very seriously. I am a devote Christian as well as a republican. =) These people are a bit misguided in doctrine, but they are still my brothers.
__________________ 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere