Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 08-26-03, 08:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Invictus
Ah, what the hell... I didn't really put in my opinion in the last post, but I'll jump in. *straps on helmet*

The problem I have with most BP owners is that they don't even TRY to give their BP pre-killed prey. They use the usual bunk about it being "more natural" blah blah blah. I'm sick to death of this argument. I've seen both mice and rats attack something they feel to be a threat. I don't give a rat's a$$ (neat pun, eh! hehe) how much you "supervise" a live prey feeding, that mouse or rat can do more damage in half a second than you can even begin to imagine. All you are doing is watching your snake die. That said, by all means, if it's starvation or live prey, give it live prey. But at least TRY, and I don't mean offer it once and give up, to get them onto prekilled. Once any snake gets used to it, that is what they will feed on from thereon in. So, more natural or not, the bottom line is, do you want a dead snake, or a live, healthy one? Sooner or later the law of averages will catch up, and you will have a snake that gets its eyes gouged out by a rat.
- Ken LePage
Login to remove ads