Thread: Help?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-03, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to ANACONDASAURUS
Re: Help?

He just got a Burmese Python and a Boa (hes not sure what exactly it is and i havent seen it yet).
It depend sometimes on the temper of the snake. I myself wouldn't suggest those 2 as beginners.

He has them in an 18 foot encloser that he claims he spent 2500 on the set up. He has seperated the tank...boa on one side, python on the other. He says he has seven 150w fixtures on the tank, and that he turns half on for the day and then half on for the night.
How old is your friend & is he rich? I think he might be telling tall tales.

He is feeding them guinea pigs (full grown) and the python is apx. 4 feet and the boa is apx 2 feet.
Guinea pigs aren'tvery good as feeds because they are high in fat.

He also thinks hes going to feed them every two days... I suggested giving them rats for now and definitly not that often.
Explain to him your only suppose to feed them every 2 weeks.

Hes not even sure how big these guys are going to get and he plans on eventually selling them to a zoo
Sell them to a zoo? LOL He'll be lucky if they will take them off his hands for free.
My Snakes (1)Eunectes Notaeus, (1)Python Reticulatus, (1)Eunectes Murinus, (1)Acrantophis Dumerilli, (1)Boa Constrictor, (1)Python sebae, (1)Striped
Morelia spilota cheynei, (2)Python m. Bivittatus, & (1)Albino Python m. Bivittatus, (1)Python regius