Thread: Advice needed.
View Single Post
Old 08-21-03, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Jul-2003
Location: BC
Posts: 254
One method is, if the piece is small enough, rinse/scrub off any debris with plain water then boil it for at least half an hour then let dry completely. Another way is to soak the wood for a day in a 10% bleach solution, rinse thoroughly and dry completely. If you can still smell bleach keep rinsing until you can't. As a precaution, I rinse well then let it soak for a couple of hours in water with a declorinator in it. You can get it at any fish store. I have used both of these methods and never had any problems. Hope this helps.
Life is uncertain, eat dessert first
Pia is offline