The reason that venomous snakes must feed on live prey, is because the poison must circle through the arteries of the mouse.
If you could notice a bitten mouse from a venomous snake, will run like crazy until it dies. This way the poison goes everywhere in it's body and it helps the digestion proccess.
In an already dead mouse (frozen/thawed) the poison cannot circle like the way i described previously.
After all, Linds got the point. Most venomous snakes strike and release. Others that strike and hold, the prey animal cannot do much...it hasn't got the time to do it...dies immediatly.
The fear leads to death as the window to the courtyard...JUMP!
Last edited by reptilesalonica; 08-19-03 at 01:02 AM..