View Single Post
Old 08-13-03, 11:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
eyespy's Avatar
Join Date: Sep-2002
Posts: 2,125
Well, in 18 years of culturing nasal and bronchial secretions, I've never once cultured a "visible mold" that had made its way into the respiratory system and none of the vets I've worked with have either.

Aspergillum tends to be killed off by the mycotoxins and other byproducts given off by larger molds and does not tend to be present when they are. Some of the other microscopic molds such as penicillium are, but they don't tend to cause disease in cold-blooded animals.
The Zombie Mama is here!
eyespy is offline