View Single Post
Old 08-09-03, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to damzookeeper
I don't know if you would need a permit or what? But Paul and Sherri had some at Little Ray's. they were cute. I think they were fruit bats but I could be wrong, didn't see them the last time I visited though.
I have also heard of bat rescues, I think there is one in Ontario some where but not 100% possitive on that. I have always been fasinated by bats but never looked into keeping one as a pet because I didn't think I would be able to give it enough room.
The one I removed from the shop today was so cute and tiny.Probably about 3 inches long, I think it was an adult. It didn't look to bite but was very active. I loved the way it walked on me, I let it roam on me as I walked it outside so it didn't feel threatened.
Of course when I came back in I got all the bat myths and bad comments....
"You could have got rabbies if it bit you."
"I hate those things, they get caught in your hair and bite your head."
"Don't they suck your blood? That's gross!"
And my favorite comment of all, took all I had not to slap this person up the head!
"I would have just stomped on it if you wanted to get rid of it."
Stupid *** people I work with, I tell you. lol Under educated fools! And you need at least a high school diploma to work there, most of them must have gotten theirs out of a cracker jack box! lol
Herps are like pringles, you can't stop at just one.
'believe me I know!!'