View Single Post
Old 08-05-03, 09:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to lordkovacs
djc.....I can understand your point, and it does make sense. in the wild the snake would eat live, so if we are to create the most natural environ. for hte snake, then the food it eats should be alive. However, people have a sensitivity to animals, and particularly to seeing them in pain. If this is the case, then it doesn't matter if it's a rat or a dog or a snake. It's not controllable. Personally as a child, I was never into burning ants with a magnifying glass, or torturing frogs or whatever...I just couldn't do it. So when it came time to feed my snake for the first time, I went f/t. Mistake? perhaps... but isn't it true that in some snakes it's hard to switchover to f/t if you have been feeding it live since it was a baby/neo? Wouldn't that turn out to be more stressful? i mean, you said it yourself that feeding f/t may be better as it grows, well, what's the diff.? If my snakes feed immediately on f/t are they less healthy then yours? I don't think so. I do, however, try to immitate a live prey when I feed, and make sure the prey is warm, etc. It must work cause every time I feed, the snake coils...and when it does, I just offer a little resistance. Just my thoughts,
1.0 Reverse Okeetee Corn, 0.1 Albino Snow Corn, 1.1 Irian Jaya Carpet Pythons