Thread: under 2 feet
View Single Post
Old 07-27-03, 08:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
I personally do not think you have to keep a snake only for the "challange" and some sort of silly thought about how it could hurt you. I feel that is a really small side of herping and frnakly, I don't care how much a snake takes to work with. If I like the species, I don't worry about what humans think.
That is cool. Everyone keeps for different reasons. Maybe you have hectic life and like boring snake to mellow you out. That is a good reason as well.

I dunno, that sounds like a reason NOT to keep a hot. When/if I keep hots (I don't count my hognose as a hot) it won't be for the thrill and excitment them being venomous, that's just a macho response for being insuffiant elsewhere.
Umm, that was a joke. Notice the Ha hA part? I was simply picking on Jenn. But if anyone tells you that working hots isnít more exciting then colubrids, then they are lying. Itís a whole new world.

BTW, Chuck, you can't courier herps into Canada (legally, that is).
I am above the law! =)

That is a BEAUTIFUL cobra Chuck.
Thanks, she defiantly is. You can see this very cobra and others on display at Animal Adventures in Bristol, VA.
__________________ 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere