View Single Post
Old 07-25-03, 12:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
not all snakes are solitary, although they aren't that social either! Some rattlesnake moms and kids reunite in the same place every year to hibernate together!
Point of fact, all North American Pits are more social then other snakes. Itís not uncommon to find more then one pit under a board or piece of tin. Researchers have found coppers and timbers in the den. We keep the majority of our collection in groups of two and have had lots of success with it.
snakes are solitary animals, they only come together in the wild to breed. By forcing them to live together they can cause undue stress which may lead to behavioural problems and feeding problems.
I have heard this before, and I buy that on some species, but most keepers do not house individually. I do not think you will have problems housing snakes of comparable size and requirements in an enclosure together, so long as there is enough space.
we're thinking of getting a cornsnake and didn't know whether we can put it in with our bullsnake!!
For this specific example, I am sure they would survive, if they are of comparable size. Neither is a notorious snake eater, however, I do not think they would flourish. I am not up on bulls, but arenít they a desert species? If so, the corn certainly isnít. good luck.
__________________ 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Login to remove ads