Thread: IM so happy!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-03, 09:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Coming from a husky owner...........GET RID OF HIM NOW!!! LOL I'm joking! I'm joking!

Seriously though, huskies are very demanding, stubborn (b*stards) dogs. Especially if he's your first dog, I would enroll in puppy training as soon as he had his shots. And you say that he's a trouble maker already. Watch for ANY aggression now. It's not cute and it will turn into a huge problem later if not taken care of right away.

I got my male Siberian husky when he was 9 weeks old. I knew the night I brought him home that he was going to be a problem. My husband was playing with him using a raw hide bone. When my husband reached to take it, he bared his teeth and growled. Not being educated about huskies or dogs in general, I didn't get any puppy training. He has only gotten more aggressive as he has gotten older. I was bit pretty bad - probably should have had stitches - just over a year ago. My husband was bit shortly after I was.
I don't have the heart to put him to sleep (even though that is what everyone says I should do) and I can't give him away. I'm pregnant and so (Arma)Geddon lives permanently outside in a kennel. I don't even attempt to pet him anymore. He bared his teeth at me last time I went out to see him.

I don't mean to be a downer about your new puppy. I hope he is a much better dog than what I have...just watch for the signs.
Good luck. I can't wait to see his picture. They really are beautiful dogs.

Email me if you have any questions.

PS It took me a full year to house break Geddon. Of course, I was working so he was home alone all day.