View Single Post
Old 07-20-03, 10:41 PM   #103 (permalink)
Reptile dude, sorry to break it to you but he is only one person searching in rather large areas. He has people helping him to reduce the time it takes to find what he is looking for. I don't think that means he is not a 'true herper.' I said it once and I will say it again. Actually someone has already mentioned this. If there are venomous snakes in ones area, it is the parents' DUTY to make sure their kids understand the danger involved with the animals. It is also the parents responsibility to let their kids know that it is wrong to try and hold snakes the way Steve does. If they don't then I am sorry it is not Steves fault. Because I see people committing murders on Law and Order, that doesn't make it ok for me to murder someone. I think Steve is being used as a scape goat for the lack of responsibility in the parents. As for critisizm against him, once you have done half the things he has done, put half the money he has put into the conservation of animals, and spent half the time he has with animals, THEN can I accept him being critisized. Until then cut the guy some slack. He has done wonders for this world.