Thread: Smell
View Single Post
Old 07-18-03, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
Join Date: Feb-2002
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 10,251
No its not safe to let your snake drink soapy water. The snake is probably dehydryated, take him out and let him drink clean water. What kind of soap did you use? The only kind I use is Ivory dishsoap... anything labelled antibacterial is no good, as well as most handsoaps/bar soaps since they leave a lot of residue. Ivory is the only dishsoap I have found that is mild enough for my tastes, all the others contain ammonia, if Ivory does it isn't enough to harm the snake, as their are no "do not mix with bleach" warnings on the bottle.
Linds is offline