First off I'd like to say that I enjoy both Living in the US and traveling in Canada. In particular I enjoy Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Quebec. Here are a few corrections to the first post.
4. Baseball is Canadian (Baseball is not canadian, There are two ideas of where it may have come from. One is that it came from an english game called rounders and the second that a guy named graves made it up in cooperstown N.Y.)
5. Lacrosse is Canadian (Lacrosse is not canadian it was invented by the native american indians of north america)
7. Basketball is Canadian (Wrong, basketball was invented in Massachusetts by a Dr. James Naismith in 1891
8. Apple pie is Canadian (Wrong again. It originated in England and apple seeds were first brought to the new world in 1620)
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts *** (Krispy Kreme Rules)
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed
the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure.. (wrong, Invading British troops burned the White House during the closing months of the War of 1812. )
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin,
penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives
(Velcro is wrong - After a walk in the woods, Swiss inventor George de Mestral noted the difficulty of removing burrs from his wool pants. This prompted him to examine them under a microscope, where he discovered that each burr was made up of tiny hooks that attached themselves to the loops of thread in the fabric.
From there, de Mestral inferred that a manmade version of these "hooks and loops" would provide a simple, foolproof fastener. He eventually devised a way to manufacture the product, patented the process, and called the concoction Velcro, from the words velvet and crochet (the French term for "hook").
Zipper is wrong. It was made by Whitcomb L. Judson of Chicago.
Penicillin is wrong. It was discovered by an Englishman named Fleming and was successfully produced and tested by two more Englishmen named Howard Florey and Ernst Chain
Zamboni is wrong too. It was made by Frank Zamboni of Los Angeles.
Telephone is wrong. The idea was originated by a Frenchmen named Bourseul in 1854. Then the idea was taken by a german named Philipp Reis but had some flaws and then bell perfected it. Bell was scottish and moved to canada.
Short wave is wrong too. It was invented by Dr. Lee de Forest of Iowa and Marconi of Italy (who was also the original inventor of wireless communications prior to shortwave).