My deepest condolences on the loss of NumNum. He really was a beautiful bird, and I can understand how you feel. I lost my Senegal Parrot, Gilligan, to teflon poisoning, exactly one week after my boyfriend died. (my neighbours were cooking with teflon pans, and when heated past a certain point, teflon emits a poisonous gas) I wasn't able to cry for weeks. I do have to commend you for ending NumNum's pain. It shows true love if a person is willing to do that for their pet, and I am sure he would have rather gone in the hands of the person he loved, instead of a strangers.
RIP NumNum, Gone but not forgotten.
:eb: JJ and the Zoo