Thread: Sad news :(
View Single Post
Old 07-02-03, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to BAZ
Sad news :(

2 nights ago I left "NumNum" my parrot outside in his cage. I leave his cage on the deck in the summer so he can enjoy the fresh air. I had just bought him a new toy for his cage that night too. I guess a cat somehow managed to grab him during the night through the bars... I didn't think they were wide enough for an animal to reach in. My mum woke me up at 6 in the morning saying that my bird looked like it had been attacked. I rushed out to see him and there was feathers all over the place and NumNum was lying on the bottom of the cage still alive. I opened the cage and put my hand near him and he kinda stumbled and hobbled over and sat on my hand. One leg had been ripped out of his body and a chunk of him was missing where his leg was attached to his body. My heart just sank. I stroked him on his head and he made a whimpering kinda sound. NumNum was very attached to me and would only come to me. I didn't want him to suffer any longer. I had to hold him under the water in a bucket for half a minute until he was gone. His eyes were open when I took him out of the water so I shut them with my fingers. I wanted to cry but it just wouldn't come out... I still want to but it just doesn't happen. I just hate to think what was going on in his little mind when he realised that the person that he had bonded to was the one that ended his life. I can honestly say this was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I wish that ******* cat had finished him off instead of me having to.

I miss my little Birdy NumNum. Rest in peace little buddy

Login to remove ads