Thread: Other hobbies?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-03, 12:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Aside from spending time with my animals I like playing computer games, these days I'm playing a lot of Anno 1503 A.D. and Age of Mythology (can't wait for the Titans expansion pack!). I also love board, card & puzzle games. I enjoy learning and doing web design too. I'm one of the rare chick computer geeks! Having almost every techno-gadget available!

I do a lot of craft type hobbies ranging from neat to geeky!!! lol! I do chain mail (haven't in a little bit) and am pretty good at it. I sew, knit, crochet, macrame! I like making my own hides for my herps.

Definitely spending time on SsnakesS!! But that's herp related so I guess that don't count!

Absolutely love horseback riding but don't get to do as much as I want to. One of my dreams is to have my own horse. I feel bad for trail horses as they have so many different people ride them and many of them stupid bozos! Here are some good tips for those who like horseback riding:

I always take extra time for before I mount a trail horse, I walk around with it on foot for 10-15 min letting it get to see me before I jump on it's back. You can also test the dominance of a horse this way and make sure you will have a smooth ride. After walking around gently leading by the reigns, turn and face the horse and walk forward, keep walking straight for it even if you bump noses. If the horse doesn't back up, it will most likely defy your commands during the ride and be a pain. Ask for another horse! I saw this on a documentary about horses and since I've been doing this I've had great times and wonderful horses to ride, I am not shy to ask for another and have on a couple of occasions. Ranch owners are very surprised when I do this little thing at first but I've never had a problem getting to do it or switching horses if necessary. I also always bring carrots and apples with me to treat the horse after the ride, they go nuts for it!

Ok, I've rambled on long enough!!!

Keeper of 5 snakes, leopard geckos, 1 green iguana, 20+ tarantulas, 2 dogs & a bunch of rats!