View Single Post
Old 06-27-03, 04:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Lizard
It is unfortunate that many petstore keepers and staff have little interest in the animals themselves other than making a buck off them.
It is also unfortunate that these people would rather keep the animal in their "care" than give it away to a concerned and qualified individual. I agree that animal control or the police should be called in to investigate these cases.
It's great when pet stores have qualified people on staff who have an interest and respect for the animals. These are the people who read up on the animals and can actually answer questions and offer advice to prospective customers.
More times than I can remember have I encountered staff whose
field of knowledge was far less than my own.
This wouldn't do for any other type of business but unfortunately when dealing with living creatures you don't need to have the "product knowledge"you would if you were selling bicycles or boats or anything else.

V.salvator 0.1

German Tour Guide: You vill find more on Germany's contributions to ze arts in ze pamphlets ve have provided.
Brian Griffin: Yeah, about your pamphlet... uh, I'm not seeing anything about German history between 1939 and 1945. There's just a big gap.

----Family Guy---