View Single Post
Old 06-16-03, 12:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
My family thinks I've completely gone off the rocker! I've always been the odd one in the family but now I've apparently graduated to a complete loony to my family since having my snakes and other critters.

I always get questions about my animals whenever I see them and like Clownfishie the usual headshakes, shudders, etc when I answer!

My inlaws think I'm crazy for actually bringing snakes into my flat intentionally. My own family (who is used to me after these years) isn't too surprised but thinks I'm crazy for having so many and still wanting more. My mom doesn't like snakes but she will be okay if she sees one, if I'm handling one, etc. My dad likes them a lot, especially my BPs and loves to handle them. My folks let me bring some snakes over to their place so they can run around in the grass chemical free so they aren't too bad. As long as they don't get closer than 2' to my mom!

My sister and her husband are total arachnophobes. I once brought over the molted skin of my mexican red knee. Even though they were very well warned that it was only the SKIN and not the actual tarantula they still both ran out of the house in panic! Was pretty hilarious!

Thank God my bf tolerates my animals! I just get the usual "Another one??!!!" from him now and then, so no complaints there

Keeper of 5 snakes, leopard geckos, 1 green iguana, 20+ tarantulas, 2 dogs & a bunch of rats!