View Single Post
Old 06-12-03, 05:24 PM   #139 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to damzookeeper
Hi everyone, sorry for taking so long to get here. lol, lots of reading. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Deb or Debbie. Well, that isn't my full name but if anyone calls me Deborah it's grounds for a kick in the shin! That's about where I can reach since I'm only 4' 11". lol
I will be merried for 9 years next month. Man that makes me feel old. Now where'd I put that dang cane? lol.
I have an 8 year old ( going on 20) daughter named Cynthia. Our only child. She is into herps just as much as I am but Joe, my husband, is scared of them. lol. I would love to own a small snake but to him there is no such thing. He also hates bugs. What a woosie. lol, but I love him and he is very supportive of me and my business.
We met when I was 13 and he was 16, and 16 years later we are still going strong. Scary sometimes. lol.
We bought our first house last year and I was so happy to get my own herp room. Hubby's idea so he didn't have to see them but hey, I didn't mind, it gave me room to add to the family. lol.
I now have about 14 beardies, 40 leos, 4 fatties, a blue tongue, a tree frog, and a newt. Oh, and can't forget my daughters darn gold fish and koi. lol. For other pets we have a sweetie pie tiel and a spoiled rotten ferret. You can see the whole pet family on my site.
I live in a little hick town, 1/2 way between Montreal and Ottawa, and the herp community is almost non excicting here, but we are starting to contaminate the population. lol. I'm trying to spread the word along with a couple herp friends. Having Little Ray's about an hour away is a big help!! I try to promote them as much as I can.
Well, I think that about sums me up. Oh ya, and my friends say I have no life cuz I spend all my free time with my herps. lol. It's a wonderful life for me. I am often called Lizard lady or Dragon Lady at work. Bahah, I guess that's better than what I used to be called at my previous job. lol, I wonder if anyone can guess? No, there is no swearing in it.
Herps are like pringles, you can't stop at just one.
'believe me I know!!'