View Single Post
Old 06-04-03, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
Years ago, when I was called to a pet store to rescue a baby bearded dragon, I noticed this petite, cute little fat-tailed gecko. She was the first one I'd ever seen in person, and she was absolutely adorable! I couldn't get her out of my mind, but the $70.00 price tag didn't appeal to me as much as she did. I left, and MONTHS later I came back to the store to speak with the owner and saw that the fat-tail was still there! Long story short I took that little girl home and had her for quite a few years before she passed away. (We estimate she was over 10 yrs. old)

When she did die, I couldn't bear to bury her (and besides it was winter... the ground was frozen!) So my boyfriend went out and bought me this cute snowflack tin to put her body in. We filled it halfway with perlite, placed her body on it, then covered her up with it. I still have the tin and it may seem gross but I feel better having her around. I was WAY attached to her! I don't care what anyone thinks, I don't regret I did it! =D

R.I.P. ~*Ursela*~
Login to remove ads