View Single Post
Old 06-04-03, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
We usually clean/refill water weekly while the snakes are in other containers eating, or sooner if it’s needed.

I used to volunteer my time at an exotic reptile shop in FL for a while. The owners were great, but one of their “partners” kept some of his own pets at the shop. He was an imbecile. We would continuously harp on him to change and clean the water bowls of his pets (i.e. venomous snakes, monitors, etc.) he said that putting fresh water in their bowls was not as necessary as we thought. After we pointed out the large amount of feces in the water he still had the same attitude. His response was that their poop was not “dirty”- his animals were captive-born, healthy and therefore their poop wouldn’t contain bacteria of parasites of anything threatening. Even if the animals were healthy, it’s just not right to not offer then clean water in a clean bowl and live/sleep in a clean environment. My thoughts anyhow.
I just found homes for my 4 snake ladies: ball python, colombian boa, hogg isle boa, and a burmese. *sniff* How I miss them so...

How do I set my laser printer to 'stun'?