View Single Post
Old 05-22-03, 08:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Alicewave Send a message via MSN to Alicewave Send a message via Yahoo to Alicewave
Hard to say here too. All my Leos were rescues. Even though they all came with caging, they needed MAJOR changes. Three of the rescues came from a smoking house and everything in there REEKED of Cigarettes. I wasn't able to save anything except the tanks, and one of them was cracked. I find it's the heat pads and lamp fixtures that really cost ya. Substrates too. I got suckered into sand at fist, that can be 20 dollars just to cover a 10 gallon. I use ceramic tile now, 6 dollars and lasts forever. I scrimp where I can, I breed my own mealies so feeders don't really dent my wallet. Although the gutload for them and the calcium supplements can add up. It's really hard to give a good estimate. But for a 20 gallon tank and all the stuff to set it up, last time I did that, cost me a little over 100 dollars.

My snake was $70 bucks (rosy boa) which is a steal considering I got him from a herp specialty store. However I think I got what I paid for because he was a biter at first and I've found him to be a problem feeder also.