Thread: pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 05-14-03, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to JasonBrennan Send a message via Yahoo to JasonBrennan
I don't really see a problem with keeping two snakes in the same enclosure....with conditions. The problem I have is people keeping boas and pythons together( things like that). I have housed baby burms two to a cage, never had a problem. I keep very detailed records, and yes, it is harder to keep track of BMs. I can tell my animals apart easily, so I have never had a problem.

As they get larger, they of course get their own enclosures each. Also, I do house difficult feeders seperate (like ball pythons, always one per enclosure), and any aggressive snakes are always house alone. Would not want to try to manuver one while the other is trying to kill me (lol).

While it is desirable to always house all snakes seperately, there are also occasions where it is fine to do otherwise. Just use common sense when doing it.
"To truly rescue an animal one has to provide long-term care that guarantees the animal's security for its natural life, because rescuing is more than removing an animal from a bad situation. Rescue involves restoring and preserving the animal's dignity for its natural life without stress, and this includes conserving the species as a whole for generations to come." (Brian Werner, founder TMLF / TCWR)