Thread: A plea...
View Single Post
Old 05-06-03, 11:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
If I gave the impression that all the mods and admins here are not doing their job, then I apologize...that was not my intent. I was simply stating my opinion on certain situations. For example, the very first thread that I responded to, I noticed that someone had called another member a name--don't quite recall what it was--I felt that it was un-called for, and could cause a flame. I reported the person to an admin, who after a few hours just made a post to the thread to "be nice". I think the post should of been totally deleted.
Across these threads, I also see a multitude of incinuations to cuss words...just because you put two astericks between a f and a k does not make you civil. I see alot of that happening on this site. Children are smarter than we give them credit for--they know what we are really trying to say. Alicewave, I think you know what the other site is that I was referring to, as I believe you are a member there as well. You would know for yourself then that things that are tolerated on this site are not tolerated on the other site.
I enjoy this site, and really like some of the people that contribute to it. All I am saying, is that we need to get a little tighter on certain "rules". The only way this will ever change is if the moderators and administrators step up to the plate and stick to tighter guidelines and TOS's.
As seen on a bumper sticker--"My snake ATE your honor roll student"