View Single Post
Old 05-04-03, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to SnowFoxx
OT: Anyone know how to kill bamboo?

I just went to look at my new house and put a deposit down. We'll be moving in July 1st. I love the house, but...the backyard is *full* of young shoots of bamboo. I know a little about this plant, and I'm sure by the time I mive in this July, the plants will be six feet tall and thick, all over my yard. From what I've heard, the only way to get rid of it for sure is to dig up every lasy shoot, dig deep and pull out the entire root. There are two problems with me doing this. First, it's a rental property. I don't know if the rental company would want me digging up my backyard. Second, there is a shoot every few inches, so I would have to dig up my *entire* back yard to get them all out. I want a yard I can use, and grass takes years to fully return if you dig it all out. I don't want to be living in a mud hole for years.

Anyone have experience with this? I'm searching online, but I could use all the advice I can get. Thanks all!

- Victoria :w
0.2 Ball Pythons (Idunna & Freja), 1.2 Corn Snakes(Arden/Vanora & Liath), 1.0 Columbian Boa(Ruadh), 0.1 Rough Green Snake(Caoilin), 0.1 Trans-Pecos Rat Snake, 1.0 Western Hognose Snake(Perth), 0.1 Northern Blue-Tongued Skink
Login to remove ads