View Single Post
Old 05-03-03, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Former member
I would not recomend a ball python (how many posts have we seen that say my ball python is not eating please help me) plus there are a lot of wild caught and wild farmed balls out there (price seems to decide what most uninformed newcomers buy)There are a few snakes that are more suitable for a FIRST TIME KEEPER(a common boa or one of the Bci ssp are not one of them)Here is a list of constricting snakes that are not too big and are very forgiving in husbandry practices.Rosy boa the best of the best for a starter boa,one of the sand boa's would also be a good choice if you do not mind a snake that likes to hide.Childrens pythons are also excellent if you like constrictors (small docile good feeders and easy to care for) and the last one even though it is a colubrid (I think they think they are boids though myself) the African house snake.That is what you asked for I hope your friend makes the right decision If he has never owned a snake before he should start with a corn or a king (wether he likes them or not cause there is a lot to learn about reptiles and these snakes will help with that process.

I am breaking out my flack jacket as we speak for all the shots I will have to take from the ball python crowd (just calling it the way I see it ) Take yer best shots

“You know its funny I was thinking about what you said. The preeminent truth of our age is that you can not fight the system. But if as you say the truth is fluid that the truth is subjective then maybe you can fight the system. As long as just one person refuses to be broken refuses to bow down” “But can you win?” “Every time I say NO”