View Single Post
Old 04-28-03, 05:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Re: ....

Originally posted by Jeff_Favelle
But that doesn't mean that YOU can't have them. It just means that SHE will never want to have them. That's why they have garages, sheds, guest rooms, bunkers, tree-forts, etc etc etc.
But won't the neighbours wonder why she's living in a tree-fort or garage?

All kidding aside, she should realize life is full of compromises. There will be things she wants, and you won't. She'd be awfully upset if you stopped her from having whatever that is. I would think a nice compromise on species/total number/maximum size or something along those lines might work.
There is one thing I've found out - if one of you gives up something very dear to you just because the other one doesn't like it, it will become a tool of war between you two. It can and will be used as a tool when you're having a disagreement. It will always eat at you, be in the back of your mind when you see a snake you love, watch someone else with theirs etc. The feeling of resentment will be waiting in the background, waiting to explode with every little fight you will have. I hope you get it worked out to a workable solution. It's a tough decision, but it's one you can't shove aside.

Good luck, I'll cross my fingers for you.