View Single Post
Old 07-12-02, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Big Mike
My girlfriend moved in with me about 4 months ago and she had always wanted a snake but was never allowed to have one. For her birthday, this last May, we went to the pet store and came out with a snake (striped Cal King) and all the goodies (tank, heater, light hides etc.) Granted we knew little about the care of snakes but we had a good talk with the guy at the store who owns a few himself. We had enough info to get started but that's not enough. I started to research the Internet while it's been slow at work. Now I spend up to 4 hours some days reading and posting on snake forums and web pages.

We plan to get another snake sometime soon (most likely another king or a milk) and a ball python when we move out of our basement suit. We have aspirations of buying an acreage and getting into snake breeding someday. This truly is an addictive "hobby".
If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity.