View Single Post
Old 10-09-18, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
IHaveADogToo

Re: How likely are kingsnakes to try to eat themselves

Clint's Reptiles made it sound like a very real possibility in his Mexican black kingsnake video. I forget the exact wording but he said something like "if you're interested in a snake that occasionally might try to eat itself or you". And his kingsnake tried to eat itself in that video, while he was handling it. Based on that video, I was under the impression this was a somewhat common thing. But you know what... you're right, I've seen the Brian Barczyck video you're talking about. He's been surrounded by snakes every day of his life for how many years (?) and he's never seen that before or since. He made it a point to say how uncommon it is and he's never seen a snake do it.

Thanks for your responses, guys. I appreciate your experience. I'm considering a second snake, I already have a ball python, and I'm trying to choose between a sand boa and a kingsnake. This whole "the snake might eat itself" thing had me leaning more towards a sand boa, but knowing that I'm just being paranoid helps tip the scales.
IHaveADogToo is offline   Reply With Quote