View Single Post
Old 07-28-18, 07:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Neon Aurora

Re: Corn Snake Has Hard Lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyeggs View Post
Honestly, sounds like this vet has very little reptile experience. I am not a vet, I am a nurse, but life is life humans to snakes. It's all process of elimination and research for answers. I hope your vet asked you these exact questions, but I'll give finding an answer a shot if you can help me narrow down my search with some answers.

-First off, how long has this snake had this lump?
-Did it appear one day or did it grow, if so, how long did it take to grow to it's size and is it still growing?
-Is the lump painful, does the snake guard or react in any way if you squeeze it. Try squeezing a different part of the snake with the same force and then squeeze the lump, tell me if there is a difference.
-Is the lump hard and fixed? or does it move a tiny bit up and down? Can you indent the lump as if it was fluid filled or is it hard like a rock?
-When is the last time this snake ate food? Is it defecating/regurgitating?
-Anything else to add

I mean, she's not mainly a herp vet, no. She is small animal but also certified to do exotics. I have yet to find a vet that just does herps and especially around here, I think it's rare for people to take herps to the vet. Probably why there is not a lot of selection.

She did ask me all those questions, though.

-I'm honestly not very sure. I just noticed it about a week ago. I don't think it was there a few weeks ago, but I wasn't looking for it.
-I don't know. I don't believe it's grown in the one week I've known about it.
-The vet did this, and determined the lump does not seem painful. I agree, because I had done the same thing when I first noticed it. She gets a little feisty when you squeeze, but she will do that if you squeeze any part of her body.
-It's firm and fixed. I've been keeping an eye on its location by counting the saddles on her back. You can't indent it. It doesn't really feel like a rock, but it's definitely firm and doesn't give when you mess with it.
-Two weeks ago. I noticed it when I went to feed her, but ended up not feeding her because I didn't know what it was. I'm planning to give her a small meal this weekend. She is defecating just fine and she has never regurgitated.
-Nothing else to add, really. No other symptoms. She's active, wants to eat, drinking, etc.
Neon Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote