View Single Post
Old 07-25-18, 09:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Neon Aurora

Re: Corn Snake Has Hard Lump

You see, normally I do have vet money stashed. I'm in unusual spot regarding my job. Long story. This isn't typical for me.

I also have a CareCredit card and a regular credit card. If this was truly my animal, she would have been at the vet a week ago. I always find a way to pay for vet bills. This thing with my sister is ongoing. It's a long story, but this is not the first animal that I've had to deal with because she was unwilling/didn't have money/insert other excuse here. That's why I've been so hesitant to deal with it.

To be honest, I have an empty spot in my reptile collection. I could take this snake. I just didn't want to. I was looking forward to choosing something on my own to raise instead of having to take on my sister's responsibilities that she wouldn't take care of. I was just hoping to get her to do it herself. My rosy boa is also a snake I took her from her because she wasn't taking care of her.

I guess I just need to decide how much of a fight I'm willing to cause with family. I don't think she will let me have the snake easily.

It's become abundantly clear that she simply doesn't care and doesn't think the snake is worth spending more than $30 on vet bills. So be it.

Fletcher (the corn snake) has a vet appointment at 5:30 pm today. I will do everything I can. This hit me at a very bad time because of the unusual situation with my job.

In other news, she is definitely pooping. I skipped her last feeding (she pooped after the last time I fed her) and this morning I saw she has passed a urate a little bit of poop. I didn't expect much poop since she hasn't eaten in a while. But things are moving through, so I'm not convinced it's a blockage.

Last edited by Neon Aurora; 07-25-18 at 09:46 AM..
Neon Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote