View Single Post
Old 07-10-18, 05:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dom559

Re: Help confirm suriname

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
I would caution against breeding a snake with unknown origins, especially a normal potential locality.

If you want to do a Suriname breeding project, I'd encourage getting an individual from a locality breeder, so you know for sure what you're getting. They will likely be more expensive, but will be of a higher quality, and you'll have a better idea of what you're getting.

I'm also not a fan of hybridizing BCC with BI morphs, but Suris are used quite consistently in various morph projects to increase color and contrast. If you do make hybrids, be sure to mark them clearly.
I will definitely be getting in touch with breeder to see what i can find out. What are the questions i should be asking? I've been looking at a lot of pictures of surinames in other close localities to him and he sure looks like a Surinam to me and I've yet to find a picture with markings on his tail like he has which I find strange. What kind of morphs do you know that are being produced from suris? I've been looking and I haven't seen many morphs just BCI crosses which I would really really like to avoid. I have been told that the father is an absolutely stunning Suriname specimen
Dom559 is offline   Reply With Quote