View Single Post
Old 05-14-18, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: UTH question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
I love my Ultratherm uths. They don't get too hot to burn a snake even if you have a t-stat malfunction. Are you measuring the temps with a temp gun? I set my thermostat at 90-93 to get an inside hot spot of 86-88. What kind of readings are you getting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildernessmedic View Post
Yes Iím using my hand to check. But on the inside over bare glass I can tell the glass is still cool to the touch. Itís secured flush with the bottom(no sagging it all touches). Thereís no way this will work even with no substrate.

Can anyone recommend one that will get 100-105? Im using a good thermostat. I donít see the point of a good thermostat if the thing never gets to a suitable temp anyway.

Maybe I expected too much from UTH? Do I still need a heat lamp to get the temp up inside? I figured it would be hot enough to raise the temp of one half of it to suitable levels after leaving it on to equalize the ambient temp after a while.
Based on the post by El-Ziggy yours could be just defective. Measure the temps with a temp gun for the inside. If it's not where you want it to be then it could be defective. Contact the company and ask for an exchange before buying something new.
Aaron_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads